Total Pageviews

Thursday, November 19, 2015

What to take on retreat?????

So you're going to a sewing retreat....what do you take?  How do you pack? What kind of projects do you take with you. 

I know of two types of sewing retreats....those with classes and those with no agenda...just sewing fun!!!  The latter works for me!!!  I usually reserve classes when I attend expos and conferences!!!

I begin planning for my annual retreat six months in advance.  I pre-cut my projects and bag them along with the necessary notions.  I have begun saving the zippy bag that curtains and comforters come in.  They are great and reusable.  I also love the 2-gallon zip loc bags.  

Retreats are so much fun and you can get so much done.  All of the house cleaning and cooking is done for you!!!!  We sometimes sew into the wee hours!!!!  

Here's a few storage tips for bringing your supplies to a sewing retreat!

I love this organizer.  I keep it stocked and ready to go to my ASG sewing meetings and sewing retreats!
It's neat and compact
three storage trays
it's a little messy now!



paint brushes to keep you serger and sewing machine lint free during all that marathon sewing!!!!!





Iron caddy/pressing mat
Add caption
Empty spice jar or pill bottle for old needles/bent pins.  This is just a few tips.  I'll post more on packing in another post.  How do you pack/plan for a sewing retreat??  


4 comments: