Total Pageviews

Friday, November 18, 2016

Countdown to our second winter retreat....

We'll soon be attending the second Just Sew Retreat - Winter Session!   It will be held January 13 - 16, 2017 at Hallowood Recreation and Conference Center, Dickson, Maryland

If you're like me, you need to be super organized in order to get anything accomplished at a sewing retreat!!!!!

This means lots of prep time!!! 

I just returned from my annual American Sewing Guild retreat.  In the weeks before the retreat I was busy with a last minute request to sew 13 ice skater dresses.  Therefore, retreat planning was put on hold.  I managed to pack the fabric and supplies I needed to make the 10-minute table runners I plan to sell at an upcoming craft show and finish up some satin shoe bags.  I also put all the finishing touches on all 13 skater dresses!   

Although I had packed a few projects for myself,  I never touched them.


So I plan to take the un-sewn projects to the Just Sew Retreat Winter Session in January!  Talk about being ready ahead of time!!!!!

Since I didn't get to pre-cut, I will do that and also fuse interfacing if necessary to each project!!!!!!  I will double check my notions and group things together in my notions caddy.  It didn't help at the last retreat that I had notions in several different bags and locations!!!!

Let me leave you with a tip on some useful things that you can never have enough of at a sewing retreat:

bed risers - excellent for raising those tables up to avoid back strain!  We had several cutting and pressing stations and the tables were all at the perfect height.

mirror - nice to be able to look at your progress in a full length mirror




shelf liner - this will help to keep you sewing machine from vibrating across the table when you sew!!!




For more information on the retreat - shoot me an email  justsewretreat@gmail.com

Happy Sewing


 

No comments:

Post a Comment